Medical Writer- Pharmaceutical
Brandkarma has an opening on their Creative team for a Medical Writer with creative flare and a strong background in science, particularly in areas such as biology, pharmacology, chemistry and biotechnology. He/she also needs to have an above average understanding of medical terminology and the ability to write in a way that is easy for others to understand. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong science background along with the desire to pursue the creative space. Exceptional writing skills and well developed communication skills are absolutely required. This position will be 75% writing and 25% Strategy.
- Lead or play an integral role in developing copy/creative programs and work strategically with the team on all agency accounts and new business opportunities
- Handle complex assignments requiring strategic and creative input
- Develop copy according to creative brief requirements
- Understand client communications objectives and communicate them effectively
- Create professional/patient/consumer communications
- Develop creative materials for worldwide and domestic healthcare products, such as: print ads, visual aids, direct mail, sales promotion, monographs, slide presentations, proposals, and other similar work
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, and great comfort interacting with people at all levels
- Interact with clients and project team members to gather project requirements and information
Desired Skills & Experience
- High Level Degree (PhD/MS), no exceptions
- Experience with consumer and professional targeted writing
- Prior experience working in an advertising agency (Preferred)
- Able to quickly learn/understand new product information
- Adept at working on several projects simultaneously
- Strong portfolio
- Currently a full-time writer, not a full-time professor or teacher who writes/publishes as a side-role
Experience in a Pharma/Healthcare Ad Agency is required. Please send samples/portfolio, resume and desired salary.
No Staffing Agencies please.